- Lightweight – These headphones are 17% lighter than their predecessors, the Parrot Zik. The style was a large factor in the cons of the original edition and seems to have been taken into account with the new model
- Wireless – Built in NFC-technology allows for quick and easy connection with most smartphones and mobile devices, for ‘up to 3 meters’, yet many users have reported further distances remaining at a high quality
- Highly adaptable noise control function – outside noise will change as you wear your headphones through busy streets and daily tasks. Parrot’s Zik 2.0 solves this problem by providing the listener with several options to ensure sound quality remains at its optimum potential in all situations
- High-tech touch features on the cup of the headphones – volume and skips function control can be accessed at a tap
- No Bluetooth 4.0 – for the price (on average $300-$400), one would expect the latest in wireless headphone technology. While Parrot delivers on physical sleekness and fancy features, they fall down on the exclusion of the most recent available version of Bluetooth from the package
- The Odd placing of ‘Power Button’ on the side of the earphones – May Cause several involuntary terminations of power!
- Battery life is questionable
The new Parrot Zik 2.0 Wireless headphones are arguably the most reliable, intelligent and advanced offering from Parrot to date.
Blending the ease of Bluetooth connectivity beautifully with style, comfort, and most importantly – functionality, this versatile piece of headgear will leave you astonished you ever used another model.
The new design from Parrot is at the top end of headphone intelligence and practicality, the wireless, app-controlled connectivity making it possible to experience immediate and satisfactory results wherever you are, and with no strings attached!
Highly adaptable noise control function allows for a choice of ‘complete quiet’ noise cancellation, or ‘street mode’ background noise allowance, with the headphones self-adjusting to suit into whatever environment the wearer wanders.
What Are the Parrot Zik 2.0 Wireless Headphones?
The Parrot Zik 2.0 Wireless Headphones come at a time when wireless connectivity was struggling to remain afloat amongst the vast jungle of their cable-bound compadres, which are ultimately widely favored for their high sound quality and lack of add-ons and ‘extra bits’.
The app-controlled technology of Parrot, however, combines all of this to provide listeners with ease and reliability of sound quality and battery life, not to mention several high-tech features and impressive, sleek exterior.
All of this comes at a price, however, as the general retail price for the Parrot Zik 2.0 Wireless Headphones significantly exceeds that of many of their counterparts in the market, and again warrant the question of ‘are wireless headphones necessary?”
While admittedly the Bluetooth and app features are reliable and steady in their delivery of quality, the reliance on a questionable battery life for this standard of technology is quite frustrating, and would possibly perturb buyers who seek a more reliable listening experience dependant solely on the battery life of the device they are listening.
Wireless headphones as a whole create a double-issue of ensuring both the headphones and their corresponding connective device remain charged and compatible at all times. Given Parrot Zik 2.0’s reliance on a mini USB and micro –charger, this could prove problematic for those traveling with a single device charger.
As mentioned before, the Parrot Zik 2.0’s provide an array of superior noise control and sound features, which do not fail to deliver on quality. Robust noise cancellation and easily-accessed touch-control panels on the sides of the headphones ensure even the most inexperienced user will have no issue exploring the features.
Over-ear design firmly locks in the powerful bass and treble features and make for an all-encompassing listening experience. You’ll hear elements of songs you previously overlooked and the headphones will continue to surprise you as you the more you listen.
Should I Buy the Parrot Zik 2.0 Wireless Headphones?
If you’ve got a large chunk of money in the bank waiting to be spent on a fantastically clear, crisp sounding audio experience and comfortable, slick-looking headgear, then the Parrot Zik 2.0’s are for you.
Pricing aside, the wireless headphone market has been peaked with Parrot’s latest model, and regardless of your music taste, you’ll be guaranteed to want to take another listen after hearing this quality.
Very advanced technology in the touch controls and satisfyingly adjustable noise and environmental control make for a thoroughly enjoyable listening experience and one which fills the listener with a sense of ease and lightness at not having a rogue cable trailing from their back pocket.
Ensuring all devices are properly charged before a day of traveling, music listening or creating, is the extent to which you will have to worry when the Parrot Zik 2.0 Wireless Headphones are in your possession.
The Parrot Zik 2.0 headphones are certainly a solid investment. While they come with a guarantee and seem sturdy enough to withstand everyday use, the test of time is the only thing that could affect the functionality of this product.
Though expensive, I feel that anyone seeking reliable sound quality and no-nonsense, ease of control would benefit hugely from purchasing the Parrot Zik 2.0 wireless headphones.