- The headphones are comfortable and sit snugly in your ear
- Ergonomic design that doesn't hurt or fall out of your ears
- Quick, easy and effortless pairing with any NFC enabled device
- Built as per US military standards that can resist sweat and weather
- Easy to use music playback options• Built-in motion sensor to keep activities on track
- Comes with one year warranty along with 30 days return policy
- It can integrate with third party applications as well
- The ear gels provided does not provide a tight seal
- Sound quality is good, but could have better bass
- Battery life may not be quite satisfactory
- There is more a good motion sensor can do
The Bluetooth market is familiar with Danish inventions of Bluetooth accessories by the brand name of Jabra. The brand is well-established in the fitness market with its advanced supply of fitness audio solutions such as Jabra Rox, Sport Pulse, etc. Along with a wide range of successful products, Jabra has come up with the latest in the series, Jabra Sport Coach Headphones.
Dying to enjoy effortless music while you work out? Or do you need a personal trainer who can provide some motivation and prod to get you going till your daily target is achieved? This sports headphone has best of both by providing wireless audio and an in-ear audio coaching to keep you up to the task.
Sports in-ear headphone
4.72 x 6.69 x 1.77 inches
Jabra Sport Coach Earbuds Features
If you are tired of getting stuck with wired headphones, it’s time you think about wireless headphones. And it would be best if you could get something that can help you with training as well. If you are serious about your workouts, invest in one of these and make worth of your time, money and effort.
These wireless sports earbuds have intelligent audio coaching that helps with cross training and indoor workouts. Use the integrated cross training app that provides you tip on planning, tracking and analyzing your workouts and also assist in giving personalized motivation to make the best out of your workout sessions. This amazing product comes with following features.
- Experience intelligent audio coaching from over 40 exercises which fits beginners to advanced trainers. As you proceed, get personalized coaching that fits your regime including time slots or repetitions while you get assistance in motivation.
- This intelligent coaching will keep you on track of attaining the right amount of exercise with adequate motivation and thoughtful tips.
- Advanced technology which integrates Trackfit motion sensor will help in measuring distance, pace, cadence, steps, and calories burnt while you combine cross training with running. A combination of headphone with Jabra Sport Life app enables you train with optimal intensity and vigorous.
- With this headphone, get immersive wireless music that is powered by Dolby. There is no compromising on sound quality using Dolby sound enhancement system which offers the depth and clarity whether you are listening online or offline music.
- The system is completely wire-free, allowing you to concentrate on your workout rather than fiddling with unnecessary extensions.
- The headphone offers a comfortable fit that sits snugly in your ears. It holds an ergonomic design that does not hurt your ears. You could also make it more pleasant with the three ear gel sets which hardly give the feel of you wearing it.
- Jabra headphones are resistant to sweat and weather. This aspect is most desirable for a sports headphone. This headphone is built according to US military standards which make it safer to be used with sweat, sand, shock or dust.
- Pairing is made easier with NFC and you could control music and calls straight from the earbuds.
Jabra Sport Coach – Great Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
This is not the first time Jabra has integrated entertainment into workout. There had been times when the brand fused wireless music with monitoring activities that track heart rate in the ear and monitor all fitness criteria while playing favorite soundtrack.
Now Jabra has yet another product that could act as a digital coach that tracks your movements and analyze the data to provide you productive feedback to meet your goals. Jabra Sport Coach can be a fun accessory for a fitness freak. It is easy to monitor the heart rate, but how accurate the measures are is a matter to be checked out, especially compared to previous models.
Jabra Sport Coach also uses the same packaging as its predecessor Bluetooth earbud. And you will also see that these earbuds are quite a look-alike of previous version. Below the opened package you will find a zippered case for carrying the headphone and associated parts.
Inside the case will be a micro USB charging cable, two plastic clips to cinch the cables, three sets of ear wings that help secure buds in place and three sets of clear buds which are referred to as ear gels. There is a Quick Start Guide inside the plastic bag which denotes a code that should be used in downloading Jabra Sound app for android or iOS.
The headphones are designed in a default yellow with light gray trimmings. But the buds come in blue or red. You get an ergonomically structured contour design that perfectly complements the ear wing gels which ideally supports to keep the piece well in place within ear rim and canal.
The clips provided can be used to shorten the cable so as to prevent it from dangling even when you wear it around the back of your neck or under the chin. The design is so compact and small that you should beware of misplacing it which will make almost impossible to find.
When it comes to remote, it is a carbon copy of the previous version. The main button with volume buttons on the sides, an inline microphone that assists in making phone calls and commands. The main button is the power button to switch on/off or for using Siri or Google navigations. It is quite easy, handy and user-friendly equipment.
The left earbud holds the Trackfit sensor, Bluetooth and digital signal processing. Pairing is a breeze with just switching the device on that puts it in pairing mode. Connectivity is also impressive with just a few seconds spared to pair with iPhone or android devices. The connection is confirmed via voice.
The main USP is the Sport Life app that suggests workouts and activities that are clear and easy to understand. There are options to add your own regimes, if you prefer. The idea is to choose an activity, set your pace as well as target and customize when required.
The voice element acts as a spotter and a voice aid which lets you know about the next workout requirement at the same time denoting the pace, duration and distance of your workout. With Sport Coach, these settings are almost accurate, but the Motion Sensor is found to be capable of more, only if the manufacturers decide to do so.
The Jabra Sport Coach resembles its predecessor in a lot of aspects. But when it comes to audio quality, Sport Coach beats others. Though it is quite good, there could have been a better bass to give life to music. It is better than the previous version, but had not made much of a leap, but just a slight crawl.
Noise bleeding is a concern. It’s the same with all sized earbuds. It is understood that some amount of noise should seep in so that the user can be aware of the surroundings. But that does not mean that there has to be sacrifices made to the bass which brings music to life.
But overall, this headset plays neutral and does not favor any particular frequency. The audio performance of Sport Coach has impressive trebles and other music settings and not so bad bass. Everything has a genuine share in providing a decent output to keep you well entertained. Each element has its clear and distinct role which will be evident while you use it.
Mostly, people look for an exciting rhythm to keep them going throughout their workout. This is possible with Jabra Sport Coach Headphones, especially if you could combine the smartphone equalizer settings. This will give the device a sense of rhythm and also balance sound incredibly to give a stunning output.
With these headphones, you could even use earbuds from other manufacturers. These are found not to have much impact on the quality of sound or experience. That’s some flexibility at least for some. Though the Sport Coach Earbuds are more recessed than typical earbuds, it gives the seal any other earbuds will give with almost the same seepage.
This product is found to be great for making phone calls as well. There is no need to mention about the sound quality since it is meant to be great. It is also quite easy to answer calls by simply the press of a button on your remote. The same button can be used for few extra seconds to bring in your iPhone Siri to make calls or to respond to text messages.
With Jabra Sport Coach, one of the concerns is battery life. The system may not have an exceptional battery life and needs sufficient recharging if you are planning to use it frequently or for a whole day. The manufacturers give 5.5 hours life at a stretch, but this might vary with regular usage. Most guesses are to the intensity, app integrated motion sensor and high volume with which the headphones are being used that determines the battery life. This headphone might work for a typical workout session, but anything beyond it, it is better to keep your charger handy.
These Bluetooth headphones are made available through Jabra online site and with other online retailers like Amazon. The product is priced at around CDN $170 by Jabra. If you intend to purchase, it is suggested to check out Amazon that has discounts almost all the time.
When you look at the predecessor, Jabra Sport Coach Headphone is much alike to its ancestor with a little bit of extras added here and there. Jabra is yet to analyze options of fully utilizing the Motion Sensor and to figure out a way to give adequate bass required to give the workout its energy. This does not mean that the system is at fault. It just states that there is more it can be made capable of and the limits should be set high. Again, compared to the older version, Sport Coach is much more affordable with better capabilities worth exploring.