If your life revolves around music or if you just want to have some personal time to relax with your favorite tunes, you need a quality headphone. And depending on how you value your personal time, you can invest in the kind of headset that will give you the feel and life you need for those fun-filled, relaxed moments.
Bose, a name that comes first to anyone’s mind when you think of headphones, had been delivering many engineering marvels all through the time. Of late, the brand has come up with an around-ear headphone that makes things easier and sound much pleasant- the QuietComfort 25.
Bose QuietComfort 25 is guaranteed to take you to yet another world with its deep, powerful, yet balanced sound with a crisp and clear impact on every note which makes you indulge in the luxury of music. If you love peace and quiet in a world of roar and rumble, put on the QuietComfort 25 and travel a world apart that holds mesmerizing music for you.
1.8 x 6 x 7.5 inches
The Bose QuietComfort 25 Features
If you are not very pleased with your noise seeping headphones, get it replaced for something that does what it is meant for. Bose QuietComfort 25 is made for active noise cancellation that can eliminate unwanted surrounding noises and those sound trampling frequencies for a hassle-free listening.
Noise cancellation is one of the best features of Bose headphones and is the best in class with the new QuietComfort 25 offing a new design that has a touch of youthfulness than its predecessors. With Bose maintaining sound quality as good as ever, it is up to you to choose a headphone that can relax your pulses or something that gives the boom out of your music.
Bose QuietComfort 25 is an acoustic headphone that goes around the ears, giving you trouble free time with crisp, powerful sound that helps you concentrate more on the music than external noises. This amazing headphone comes with a bouquet of features.
- Bose holds the advanced technology in giving the headphone with proprietary Bose Active EQ and the TriPort technology. These technological incorporations ensure that you get the depth and clarity in your music.
- The Noise canceling technology ensures that the unwanted surrounding noises are canceled to help you enjoy what you really want to hear, let it be music, calls or anything that gives peace and tranquility.
- Experience true-to-life sounds that you might have never noticed before. The headphones make vocals, instruments and other sounds clear with optimal bass and crisp percussion.
- They come with a distinctive design and the choice of three colors – White, black and triple black – to suit your style.
- QuietComfort 25 is designed for Apple devices such as iPod; iPad and iPhone with various functions that lets you control your options with hands-free operation using the inline mic/remote.
- The headphone ear cups are soft and of pillow-like texture with rotating features for a fine tuned, perfect fit.
- These are comfortably designed and have extreme durability with easy to stow away features and convenient ear cups that fits in a small carrying case that comes with the package. The ear cups folds to fit into the compact case and are easy to carry around due to its lightweight feature with adequate protection.
- These are customized for Apple devices and the package comes with a pair of headphones, 56 inch QC 25 inline remote, microphone cable, airline adapter, AAA battery and a carrying case.
Review of the Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones
Bose has revolutionized the personal sound market with its introduction of colored headphones that replaced the old generation gray headphones that have been the staple for years now. As times and attitudes are changing, users want to stand out and distinguish themselves from others – colorful accessories are a way of doing that which is why the Bose Quiet Comfort 25 is such a popular choice.
Bose has incorporated minor design changes right from the outer shell of the headphones, which may seem minimal, but the small things add up. Though this headphone is not radically different from its previous generation, Bose has replaced the gray plastic material with silvery black material with sleek curves that add class to looks.
QuietComfort 25 (QC25) has made no compromise on comfort. It has soft, supple pads with a lightweight, but durable ensign that does not wear you out on hours of wearing. This headphone is made with a bit more tension on the headband to give a more secure and snug fit. This makes it ideal for joggers or those who are professional athletes.
Yet another transformation is made on the material that covers the headband. The inner padding of the headband is made of a synthetic suede called Alcantara which offers better comfort than the previous leather versions of the brand. This material is used in high-end automotive applications, as per the manufacturer.
All around, the manufacturers have done some up-scaling of materials. The ear cups in the Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones also have been transformed to metal topped cups rather than plastic which give a feel of luxury. Though not much evolved from the QC 15 model, QC 25 is much sturdier with a thicker cord that can be detached and also holds a cast zinc hinge.
The only issue with the ear cups is that they fold inward for storage and this could scrape against each other and damage the metal, though it assists in portability. Also, with QC25, Bose had used a more subtle 2.5 mm cable that is easier to replace than the plastic molded cable system in QC 15. These cables have remote with three buttons that work for iPhones and Android phones.
Bose had been careful enough not to get its older versions out of the market while giving surface level changes to its new product. Bose headphones offer one of the best in the market noise cancellation feature. The feature is simple to operate with an on/off button placed on the right cup that is quite obvious. Since there is no auto-off function incorporated, be sure to switch the system off while not being used.
Bose QC 25 makes listening easier in noisy environments even without music, just to ensure some sort of calm surroundings. The noise cancellation feature is quite remarkable, but that also refers to the pressure that builds in your ears which might not quite go well with some until you get used to it. The QC25 is a winner when it comes to eliminating certain frequencies especially aircraft engine buzz, subway train noises, or even really loud people!
QC 25 has a well-defined and wider soundstage which gives a great boom. It has adequate bass that does not make the sound muddled up and the treble is also clear, making quite an impression. There is no stealing of voice by extremes of bass or treble. This balance makes it quite an equipment for pleasant all day listening.
Though the headphone has good quality music, it may not be the best competitor in this price range. There are better ones in the market if you are looking for sound quality, giving an impact on the music or call you opt to listen to. But with QC 25, the advantage is evident for close listening.
Bose QC 25 runs on one non-rechargeable AAA battery. That makes it advantageous as well as disadvantageous. The good part is that you don’t have to run for recharging every time you make a halt. But, there is no guarantee that the battery will last for a long flight in which case you have to carry spares.
You could even opt for rechargeable batteries, but you will need a separate charger. One aspect to be noted about the Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones is that, even if the battery charge is done, music will still play on, but with a stunted quality, which helps satisfy any desperate music addict.
When it comes to storage and transportation, QC 25 comes with a small case that has extra space for storing an extra battery and prong adapters for use in an airplane. Each ear cup is marked with “R” for right and “L” for left and folds inside for easy storage.
Bose QuietComfort 25 comes around the price range of $300 which is mainly tagged based on noise cancellation feature rather than anything else. The product is available from Bose online site and with other online retailers like Amazon that have deals on offering the best price. The product comes with a satisfaction guarantee, but if you are not satisfied with the purchase, you could return the product within 30 days of initial purchase in US and UK and there is 21 days return policy in Australia.
The Positive Sides
- Noticeably good noise reduction which helps while in a city, aeroplane or travel
- Impact on your music with deep, clear and powerful sound
- Lightweight design with comfortable ear cups and around the ear band that makes wearing all day easier
- Inline mic/remote that makes settings and calls easier
- Choice of colors to suit your style among black and white
- Better grade design than previous versions
- Comfortable and durable design
- Experience pleasant and beautiful sound
The Negative Sides
- There are options that provide better sound quality at this price
- High priced for the sound quality, mainly tagged based on noise cancellation feature
- Accidental switch on may be possible
- Color customization might cost extra
If you are looking for an extremely competitive piece of headphone at the price range of around $300, then there are other options that would give you the sound and boom you look for. Bose QuietComfort 25 still remains a very good headphone that can absolutely perform well with regard to noise cancellation, but there are better for this price range with better sound output if you are not inclined to invest only in Bose.
But, Bose QC25 is guaranteed to take much stress out of noisy and stuffy environments that enable you to keep the volume optimal rather than pumping it up. This headphone primarily makes a noise canceling headphone and then a music listening equipment. You could wear it the whole day and it is not required to listen to music if you just want to cut off external noises.
Technology keeps advancing at a fast pace and Bose with its penchant for innovation will keep upgrading and introducing newer and more exciting listening devices as time goes by. Despite its negatives, the Bose QuietComfort 25 noise-cancelling headphone is a great headphone because of its durability, design, comfort and excellent noise cancellation features. If you want an undisturbed listening experience that will keep you calm and relaxed in a fussy environment, this headphone will make an ideal choice.